Monday, July 2, 2012

One Day to Find a Husband by Shirley Jump

One Day to Find a Husband by Shirley Jump
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Back Cover
Ellie Winston is adopting her late friend's baby... But she hits a husband-sized hump: to adopt Jiao, Ellie has to be married Where can a commitment-phobic female find a husband in a day? Then cutthroat billionaire Finn McKenna comes to Ellie with a business proposition, only he isn't prepared for Ellie's merger-with-a-twist...marriage Finn never lets anyone close, even someone as feisty and intriguing as Ellie. But saying "I do," even when you don't really, has a way of making even the most stubborn people wake up and realize what they've been missing.


My Review:
Ellie and Finn get married as a purely business arrangement; Ellie gets a husband to help with her adoption proceedings and Finn get a chance to jump-start his failing business. So far so good…

I’m really on the fence with this book; there are parts that I like and parts that has me scratching my head saying ‘Seriously’?

I think my problem is not the story or the writing but Finn himself and that's a first! For a creative guy who is an architect he is rather somber and dull. I usually like uptight heroes but I just did not warm up to Finn and there in lies my dilemma….

Finn and Ellie spend barely anytime together as a couple, there is no real build up to their romance… this book is missing the “Spark and sizzle” I normally associate with Shirley’s books and Finn is to blame!






1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... not warming up to the hero... not so great in a romance novel. I won't write this author off but I might skip this book. Maybe put it at the bottom of my TBR... Thanks for the great review!!

    ReplyDelete